Friday, July 30, 2010

Where can I find a homemade white bread recipe that DOESN'T require yeast?

As the title says, I tend to not have yeast around my house. However, I do have self rising flour and all purpose flour. I have baking soda. Is there anything I could make? I found a peanut butter white bread (something like that) that didn't require yeast, but I also want one that is just plain white bread.





Thank you XDWhere can I find a homemade white bread recipe that DOESN'T require yeast?
You can't make plain white (loaf) bread without yeast. But you can make a quick bread, that will be kind of like a biscuit. Try searcing out ';quick bread'; recipes on the internet.Where can I find a homemade white bread recipe that DOESN'T require yeast?
The only one I can think of is Irish soda bread. No yeast.
try searching on a search engine ( :
Beer bread





2 cups self rising flour


3 tablespoons sugar


1 can beer


melted butter or oleo


gently mix together flour sugar and beer just until blended. turn into greased 9x5x3 loaf tin leave lumpy on top


bake 375 if tin


bake at 350 if glass 20-25 minutes or until piece of pasta stuck in center comes out clean. turnout on to rack and drizzle with butter or oleo
Your best bet is to look up ';Quick Bread'; recipes. I did some spot checks, but no luck w/ a plain white version. Without yeast you'll end up with little more than really big biscuit!
  • mario badescu
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment