Wednesday, July 28, 2010

How can I make my Irish Soda Bread recipe into Scones?

I tried making scones from my Irish Soda Bread recipe but it didn't work out so well. I think the dough should be much thicker for scones, but I dont know how to change the recipe.


Please any help would be APPRECIATED.


I hope what I wrote here made sense


Thanks.How can I make my Irish Soda Bread recipe into Scones?
Make the dough, then roll or press it out on a flour cloth, then either cut into rounds or make 2 small ones and make the cuts like a pie in it, for small indivdual ones, bake them between 20-30 minutes at 350 F or 165 C, Gas mark 3.





The larger cut in diamond shapes about 35-40 minutes, like the tea or potato scones from Scotland. Even grill them like hot cakes/crumpets.How can I make my Irish Soda Bread recipe into Scones?
I think the recipe should be fine to make scones, the problem is that you have to adjust the tempurature and the size of your scones. I think you can buy cast iron scone molds, they are deeper so your scones come out nice and thick. Then, maybe up the tempurater to 375 or 400 because you have smaller portions in the oven instead of one big portion. Make sense? Try that out, because I think that will be your best bet :)
PUT IT ONTO A HIGHER HEAD AND KNEAD IT MORE WITH YOUR FINGERS! WORKS FOR ME EVEN THO I AINT IRISH!

No comments:

Post a Comment