Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Can you use a white bread recipe for whole wheat bread?

I have an awesome white bread recipe (I have baked my own bread for over a year), but I would like to make healthier bread. Will it still work if I substitute whole wheat flour for white flour?Can you use a white bread recipe for whole wheat bread?
From my experience, it doesn't work very well. The result is too dense. You can sub out whole wheat pastry flour for all purpose and the results are much better in my opinion.





Kudos to you for making your own bread. Here is my favorite sandwich bread recipe. It's light wheat. http://smittenkitchen.com/2009/01/light-鈥?/a>Can you use a white bread recipe for whole wheat bread?
Yes you can do whatever you want.
Don't use more than 50% whole wheat flour or it will be dense and heavy
i would make it half and half and add a little sugar about 2 Oz's
of course

No comments:

Post a Comment