Wednesday, July 28, 2010

How do I scale a bread recipe for my breadmaker?

I use 4C flour, 2T, oil, 2T sugat, 1.75 tsp salt, 1.5C water, 1 pkg yeast. The bread rises VERY high...too high I would it .75 of the size it is nowHow do I scale a bread recipe for my breadmaker?
mine does the same , but I use the extended rise ,I like tall breads. it depends on the setting that you have it one or perhaps you don't level off the yeast and you are adding more then necessary, use a knife to level the spoon..How do I scale a bread recipe for my breadmaker?
Most of the recipes I have found for the bread machine use 3 to 3.5 cups flours,2 T of oil, 1 of sugar, 1 to 2 tsp of salt, 1 to 1.5 of water, and 2 T of yeast.





this is for 1.5 pound loaf, if you have a 2 pound setting use that.





the best site I have found for instructions and the best basic bread recipe is:


http://www.hillbillyhousewife.com/breadm鈥?/a>





On top of being very good basic instructions she is entirely funny!
Not sure if this will help you but try recipetips.com. I know they have a section on scaling down recipes and they just might have something to help you. Try putting your question in the search area. It's worth a try plus this website is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment