Friday, July 30, 2010

Is putting rum in a banana bread recipe a good idea?

It's for thanksgiving. I was thinking just whipping up a big bowl of Banana Bread batter and just pouring in a whole fifth of rum. Is putting rum in a banana bread recipe a good idea?
Sounds like a great idea, although I would probably cut down the rum to maybe a shot or two...you will get the good flavor anyhow....Don't forget to take away any other liquid, or add more dry goods depending on your recipe. Good LuckIs putting rum in a banana bread recipe a good idea?
Thank you. Report Abuse

sounds like a good idea to me. jamaicans make rum cake so i dont see why not. but that may be too much rum. you cant let the rum flavors overpower the other flavors. try not to let the rum make the batter soupy or watery. if you do...it wont come out too well.





serve it warm under some rum ice cream
No, I would not - (have it on the side... )


Really, --I would make rum bread, same idea as banana but no banana, it is very good, drizzled with


conf.sugar and more rum in it.








I think it would ruin the flavor of the banana bread.
The rum will add a good taste, but do not overdo it, I would see how much other liquid is required for the recipe and substitute the rum for some of it.





Invite me round when it is made, or email me a slab. LMAO
Sounds great but don't use so much it will be too runny. The rum willmake the bread moist and flavorful.

No comments:

Post a Comment