Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Can I put any bread recipe in my bread machine?

I googled it somewhat and only found one mention and it was very vague, all the other results I got were for making bread machine recipes in the oven!


So if anyone has done this and had good results that'd be awesome! I have some recipes I'd like to make for dinner but don't have time since I'm at work!


Thanks.Can I put any bread recipe in my bread machine?
no, bread machines make their pans different sizes. You also mix the ingredients in different order. My machine came with a book of about 25 recipes. Try looking at the company's web site that made your machine, they may have recipes online. (Sunbeam I think does.)Can I put any bread recipe in my bread machine?
no you can't....





bread machine recipes have different yeast and liquid amounts...as the cycles in a bread machine are much different from hand-mixing bread





you would either end up with a hockey puck or a volcano of ooze coming out of your bread machine





I have made the dough in the bread machine and then baked it in the oven which gives it a great crust...but never the other way around





I have a great bread machine cookbook from Better Homes and Gardens....you might want to check out their website





Bread is very finnicky...don't mess around with the recipes!
Of course. The whole point of making bread at home is to experiment, so if one batch doesn't turn out well, adjust the recipe and try again.





Otherwise, bakeries do it so much better than anyone at home can do it.





I tried my hand at baking years ago and not only did my results turn out less than wonderful, my kitchen was a mess, covered in flour, and me too.





I honestly do not understand why on earth anyone would ever want to bake their own goods when some of the tastiest stuff on the planet is just around the corner at your grocer.





Unless of course you just wanted to play in the kitchen for a while, that I do understand, very very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment