Monday, August 23, 2010

What is you favorite homemade Corn Bread recipe, or is there a site that has a great recipe?

I want to make some for Thanks giving.





What is you favorite homemade Corn Bread recipe, or is there a site that has a great recipe?
This is my good friend Sara's recipe. Hope she wasn't wanting to answer this question. LOL





Ingredients


2/3 Cups Flour


2 Cups Corn Meal - white or yellow whichever you prefer


3 Tbs Baking Powder


3/4 Tsp Salt


1 Egg


2 Tbs Sugar


1 1/2 Cups Milk


3 Tbs Oil (I use olive oil, but any kind will do.)





Preheat oven to 400掳F.





I use a cast iron skillet to bake my cornbread in because that is what my mother did and it makes the cornbread nice and crispy around the outside. However, a 9 x13 inch baking dish, or something that hold about the same amount will do.





Put the oil into the baking pan and put it in the oven while it is preheating. Or if you are using a skillet, you can heat the oil in the skillet on your stove top.





Everything else goes into a large mixing bowl. Add the milk last. Stir to mix it well.





Remove the hot dish from the oven. Swirl the dish to coat it with the oil, and pour the oil into the batter and stir to combine. Hand sprinkle just a little flower evenly


into the pan. Don't worry if you miss a few spots. No big deal





Pour the batter into the pan, and bake 25 to 30 minutes or until brown. The cornbread will begin to pull away from the sides of the pan.








If you want her dressing recipe to go with it, just let me know.What is you favorite homemade Corn Bread recipe, or is there a site that has a great recipe?
Sorry to tell you I don't measure anything so I can't give a recipe but I will tell you the ingredients.





Start with a can of cream corn, buttermilk, canola oil and good quality corn meal. I just sort of know what texture it should be.
I don't think you can beat Jiffy Corn Bread mix. I have made all kinds of different recipes and can't get anywhere close to Jiffy.
I think Lulubelle is right. You could ask The Country Buffet people. They have a very nice cornbread. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment