Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I have a banana bread recipe that calls for ripe bananas. Why? I thought the bananas should be brownish.?

I already started baking and I need to know now! Please help!I have a banana bread recipe that calls for ripe bananas. Why? I thought the bananas should be brownish.?
The brownish ones are ripe. You will be fine using them.I have a banana bread recipe that calls for ripe bananas. Why? I thought the bananas should be brownish.?
To me the brownish they are the better the bread!
As long as the bananas are not rotten, slightly overripe bananas are OK for banana bread. In fact, they're probably better, since they are easier to mash and provide a little extra moisture.


If the peels are very dark, or the banana flesh is darker than a light tan, they are probably too ripe to use.


Good luck!
When they get brown...they are ripe! Mushy-ness will make the end result better than if they are firm still.
The browner ones are riper and sweeter and better in banana bread.
Ripe means browned. You can use any bananas, but the browned ones are softer and have more flavor to them. My aunt and I have been making banana bread for years. I wouldn't use the rotten ones, but as long as they are soft you will be fine.
You are correct,,, the brownish on the outside will make the banana much easier to mash and incorporate into your bread recipe.....
That is what ripe bananas are - brown.
You can use either I prefer not to use fresh but, if all I have is fresh then I unpeel it and cut it up. Then I microwave it for 20 or 30 seconds them mash them. It winds up being pretty close to brown bananans
ripe bananas are brownish
Ripe bananas ARE the brown ones. In my experience the darker the better since they are sweeter!!!
Ripe just means not green. The riper (meaning brown or mushy) the banana, the better the banana bread!

No comments:

Post a Comment