Saturday, August 21, 2010

What can I use to replace vegetable shortening in a corn bread recipe?

Started cooking and realized I didn't have any..........What can I use to replace vegetable shortening in a corn bread recipe?
Mayo and butter, equal amounts.What can I use to replace vegetable shortening in a corn bread recipe?
Use a recipe that uses corn oil
Veggie oil. My recipe calls for 1/2 cup oil for 1 and 1/2 cup cornmeal and 1 scant cup flour, 1 cup milk (Buttermilk is best!) Hope this helps! (Use the same amount of oil as melted veggie shortening. If the shortening is measured in the hard form, you can use stick margarine, not tub margarine.
you can use lard to replace vegetable shortening in corn bread.
I always save my bacon drippings...use some of that, or melted butter or margarine.
Shortening 1 cup


1 cup butter OR 1 cup margarine minus 1/2 teaspoon salt from recipe
Any kind of cooking oil;-} or even apple sauce, I hear.
Shortening is a solid white fat made from hydrogenated vegetable oil. Sometimes known as Crisco鈩?which is a brand name of shortening. Butter or margarine can be substituted for shortening but your end product will have a more buttery flavor. There is also a butter flavor Crisco鈩?
  • makeup hair tips
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment