Monday, August 23, 2010

If I double a bread recipe, do I double the rising time?

I am making whole wheat rolls...If I double a bread recipe, do I double the rising time?
No. However, rising depends on yeast quality and temperature. There is no such thing as a ';set'; rising time. Recipes can only give an approximate rising time. There are too many factors involved to be exact. Humidity, temperature, type of flour, how the dough was mixed, etc., all play a factor in how long it takes for dough to rise. Accurate recipes will not even mention a rising time. They'll usually say something like: ';until the dough doubles';.If I double a bread recipe, do I double the rising time?
No, you do not double the rising time whether you double or triple the recipe. Just make more of the rolls and let them rise for the same amount of time as you would a single batch.
no - same timing. .
no but you MAY leave it in there maybe 5miin longer or so. just watch it
nope
no but your small dog will be shipped to greece

No comments:

Post a Comment