Wednesday, August 18, 2010

What can I use to replace skim milk in a bread recipe?

The banana bread I'm making calls for 1/4 cup of skim milk. Is there any other low-fat ingredient I can replace it with besides milk?What can I use to replace skim milk in a bread recipe?
buttermilk, plain yogurt, sour creamWhat can I use to replace skim milk in a bread recipe?
Try soy milk or any other milk substitute like almond, hazelnut, hemp milk. You can get them in plain, original or vanilla flavors. Some will have the consistency you are looking for as well.
Soy milk or rice milk will work best. You can also make any kind of nut milk by putting nuts (like almonds, walnuts or whatever) in a blender with some water. Strain it after blending.
I'd say try evaporated milk.
water

No comments:

Post a Comment