Monday, August 23, 2010

Can I make a 1 lb bread recipe in a 2 lb bread machine if I'm planning to use it just to make the dough?

I have a Zojirushi 2 lb bread machine but I want to make a baguette recipe that uses only 1 cup of water and 2.5 cups of flour.Can I make a 1 lb bread recipe in a 2 lb bread machine if I'm planning to use it just to make the dough?
If you have one of the 2-paddle machines (like the X20 or V20 models), not really. A one-pound loaf will have a hard time being kneaded, usually just spinning on one paddle ot the other, and even if the whole thing does get mixed and kneaded, it will most likely end up lopsided. Wet recipes do a little better, but aren't usually good for baking in-machine.





If you have a single-paddle machine (some of Zo's older machines were single paddles, I think they were N10 or S10, but not sure) then one-pound recipes should be no problem.Can I make a 1 lb bread recipe in a 2 lb bread machine if I'm planning to use it just to make the dough?
I'd suggest you consult the manual. Most breadmakers can be used to make a variety of bread/doughs. It should tell you how long to set it for and the correct settings. My breadmaker manual has heaps of different recipes in it, and the correct settings for each and I'd presume most breadmakers are the same. If you don't have the manual, check the manufacturer website, they usually have downloadable manuals for all models.


You can still use it to make what you're planning to make, I'm not sure what settings you would need to use. It will still mix the dough together for you.
your machine must have the possibility to make a 1lb and a 2lbs loaf or dough , mine does! all that I need to do is to set it to the one I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment