Monday, August 23, 2010

Can I use a banana bread recipe to make muffins?

I like this one recipe for banana bread, and make it all the time - but, low and behold, I've moved and don't yet have a loaf pan.





I do however, have a muffin tin. If I make banana bread, and put it in the muffin tin, will the muffins be too ';dense'; and/or ';heavy';?





Will it work?





Thanks!Can I use a banana bread recipe to make muffins?
There will be little or no difference in the density or weight, but you should reduce the cooking temperature about 10 degrees to allow the center to cook before the edges get too dried out.





ALSO: Be sure to grease your muffin pan and then dust it with a little flour to help the release! (Unless you're using those cute little paper cups).





Best wishes!Can I use a banana bread recipe to make muffins?
Yup !


It will come out pretty much the same.





The only thing that you might want to change, is the cooking time.


They will most-likely be done quicker, so make sure you adjust the time to be done earlier than as if it was a loaf.








Good luck !


:-)
It will work just fine. They won't be too heavy.


It might be fun, since you're making muffins, to make a vanilla glaze and drizzle it over each muffin once they cool. I sometimes use glaze on my banana bread, and it's really good!
Yes it will work, just fill the prepared muffin cups 2/3's full and bake for 20 - 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
I don't think there should be a problem, I've done the same thing many times.
yes

No comments:

Post a Comment